Follow me on

Thursday, February 12, 2015

The easiest way to make a flower arrangement using scotch tape!

In honor of Valentine's day I wanted to repost this super easy trick to make a flower arrangement! I hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's day weekend! My sister-in-law and her boyfriend will be visiting for a few days. We will be celebrating as a big happy family!!!  xoxo, Kelly 

For as long as I can remember I have been the worst at making flower arrangements! My mother on the other hand seems to have this magical way of putting flowers in a vase so effortlessly and they look picture perfect every time ! I don't know how she does it! She knows just the right length to cut the stems, she knows just the right size vase to use and how much extra foliage to add ! I somehow didn't inherit the flower arrangement gene from her! But I did learn a really easy trick that has helped me tremendously ! I actually saw florists use this trick on one of those million dollar wedding shows. They were making huge extraordinary center pieces but I thought I could try the same technique on a small arrangement. I tried it and it worked ! So if you are like me and didn't inherit the flower arrangement gene (hehe ) .... Then hopefully this trick will work for you too! :)

Step 1:  Choose a bowl and add water 3/4 of the way full.  I choose this beautiful grey and white bowl from West Elm that my sister gave me for my birthday. 

Any bowl will work but of course using an extra pretty or detailed bowl looks best! Try to use a bowl that is about the same size in circumference or a little smaller than the bouquet of flowers you buy or pick. 


Step 2: Begin putting strips of scotch tape vertically across the bowl. Make sure the tape is ending just on the edge of the bowl and not hanging down the edges. I like to start in the middle and then work my way to the left and right . 


Step 3: Now start placing tape strips horizontally to make a grid. Leave small spaces in between tape sections about a 1/2 inch or smaller. 

Step 4: Now the fun part ! You can start adding the flowers!  Cut flowers one at a time just a tiny bit taller than your bowl. I like to start in the center and work my way to the outside. It also works best if your center flowers are slightly taller than the outer flowers. Make sure to vary flowers by color and fullness. 


One trick I use is to always save one of the prettiest and fullest stems to add last and find the perfect spot for it! It usually ends up in the center of the arrangement or somewhere that has a gap.

Step 5: The final step is to add extra foliage. Take different size and shape leaves off the stems and arrange them in sporadically. 

One trick and perk of using this masking tape method is you have the ability to tape the leaves in place on top of the grid masking tape, so you can easily place the leaves exactly where you like them and they will stay put ! 

 So easy !!! And here is the finished product! I hope this trick helps you like it does for me! If I can do it then anyone can! :) 








13 comments:

Jacqui said...

This is a great tip! I think it would be a perfect center piece for my daughter's birthday table. (She loves flowers!) Thank you for linking up to Party Time and we hope to see you again next week!

Kelly - Peaceful Home Decor said...

Thank you Jacqui and thank you for hosting the linky party!

Thomas cook said...

Flowers are one of the simple and easy thing which would helps you to enhance beauty of your home with natural fragrance.

Home Decor

Abby said...

I read your blog such a helpful to me…… Thank you for posting…..!!!

Unknown said...



Many people make experiments when it comes to decorating their home and Wall coverings. They used any kind of materials that can make a home lively and attractive.[www.simplicitydesignusa.com] is the best interior designer in aventura, bal harbour, Hallandale, sunny isles. They They serves all kinds of the Feature of Interior Designers or home decorator. Please visite our site: www.simplicitydesignusa.comhome decorating

Unknown said...


A Certified interior designer is a competent design professional who is qualified to design, prepare, and submit any type of nonstructural,
non-seismic interior construction plans and specifications to local building departments. [www.simplicitydesignusa.com] is the best interior designer in aventura, bal harbour, Hallandale, sunny isles.Plase visit their website for more information about them.Interior design in Hallandale

Unknown said...


[www.simplicitydesignusa.com] a certified interior designer in aventura, bal harbour, Hallandale, sunny isles. Their design concepts and projects are highly organic, Please take a look what they are offering,interior design services

contractor bid said...

Creative Flowers & Interiors are interesting all the time as everyone likes flowers. The interior is the vision of the talented artist and florist.I absolutely love using flowers in my home as decoration. I think they add such a colorful element to any room! I have been looking for some cheap outdoor tiered planters for my porch to go with the furniture that we have out there. I will definitely have to use some of these ideas, thanks for sharing!contractor bid

Unknown said...


[www.simplicitydesignusa.com] a certified interior designer in aventura, bal harbour, Hallandale, sunny isles. Their design concepts and projects are highly organic, Please take a look what they are offering,
interior design in aventura


Unknown said...

In short, good Interior Designers will save your time as well as money. They do all the Interior design work for you.[www.simplicitydesignusa.com] is an Interior Designer Company & Luxury Furniture Store in aventura, bal harbour, Hallandale, sunny isles.interior design in bal harbour

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing such an informative article. I really enjoyed it. Please visit http://goo.gl/Gd5cNh

Vishal Sharma said...

Thanks for sharing great post we provides best, cheap, modern, beautiful and affordable window treatments services in phoenix, Arizona, USA. Visit here best, modern, affordable, beautiful window treatments services in in phoenix valley, USA

Unknown said...

This is a worth reading article, your insights are impressive.

affordable place to stay in bangkok
affordable hotel in bangkok
affordable hotel in sukhumvit
best hotel in sukhumvit
boutique hotel in bangkok
budget hotel in bangkok
budget hotel in sukhumvit
hotel boutique in bangkok
hotel in bangkok
hotel in sukhumvit
hotel boutique in bangkok
best budget hotel in bangkok