Follow me on

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Nursery

My baby boy is 2 years old! I can't believe it! I had so much fun making his nursery and I hate to think of the day he will get a "big boy room".  I am amazed at how fast these two years went! I remember when I was first pregnant and did not know his sex. I could only look at and plan a baby-blue room. That is how I knew I was having a boy because I love pink and all things girly! My wedding was as pink as it could get! ( see below photo for proof! ) However when I was pregnant I found my self drawn to light baby blue, peaceful light greens, and earth tones. So at 19 weeks pregnant when the ultrasound technician told us "Its a boy!" .... well she actually said " There is the scrotum! " (Words I will never forget, who would think the word scrotum would make me and my husband cry !" But there was no surprise.. I knew all along that I was going to have a precious LITTLE PRINCE! I love how his room came out. So peaceful and tranquil. I spent many nights rocking him and loved every second even when I was very sleep deprived. This was the first completed room in our house, every last detail was accounted for!






One important tip for new mom's... see the difference between the bumper on the top photo and the bottom..well the top photo was taken before he was born. I bought a beautiful POM POM HOME bumper from Layla grayce. However my pediatrician said not to use bumpers due to risk for Sudden infant death syndrom. So off the bumpers went. Then around 5/6 months he began to get his arms and legs stuck outside the rails of the crib. So I bought those breathable bumpers from babies-r-us. They are not as beautiful as the pom pom home bumpers but as all moms know you will do ANYTHING for the safety of your child ! They work great, keeping his arms and legs safe, and they are mesh so there is no risk for SIDS!



 Growing with the room!!!! 

Newborn (9 days old) 

                               



3 Months 




1 Year 



18 Months 



24 Months 









Picture of my girly pink wedding reception! 





6 comments:

Jamie-So Much Better With Age said...

This is gorgeous! I'm your newest follower ;) I would love for you to link this up to our new linky party, Give Me The Goods Monday! I am hosting with 4 other bloggers, 1 party but your links will show up on all 5 blogs!
http://www.somuchbetterwithage.com/2013/04/give-me-goods-party-2.html
Jamie @ somuchbetterwithage.com

Kelly - Peaceful Home Decor said...

THanks Jamie! I love your blog! Excited to be a part of your linky party!!!! I added the nursery, our master bedroom and living room! I am now following you on facebook. Feel free to follow me as well facebook.com/peacefulhomedecor

Chelsea @ Married Filing Jointly said...

Your boy is SO cute! And his room is so sweet!

Thanks for sharing at Give Me the Goods! Hope to have you join us again next week!

~Chelsea @ Married Filing Jointly

the cape on the corner said...

how serene in here, perfect for a sweet baby. such a cutie!

Jamie-So Much Better With Age said...

Kelly, your nursery has been featured on Give Me The Goods! http://www.somuchbetterwithage.com/2013/04/give-me-goods-feature-2.html
Jamie ;)

Kelly - Peaceful Home Decor said...

Thank You Jamie! What an honor! :)