Follow me on

Sunday, July 15, 2012

next project: finish living/dining room

I have been thinking about how I want to finish decorating my living room and dining room. I may do netural rugs and curtains so I can easily change the accent colors. 
Here is what my living room and dining room looks like now unfinished:

I would love to add this Madeline Wenrib rug in front of the couch: 

Here is a cheaper alternative from West Elm: 
And one more cheaper alternative from Pottery Barn, I actually like the slightly lighter mustard yellow on this rug but I prefer the other designs above. 

I also would LOVE to buy serena and lily maze fabric and make curtains for the sliding doors in my living room to add the yellow color to the living room: 

A cheaper alternative would be these from potterybarn however I think the color may be a little off: 

And finally a white rug under the dining room table to tie in the white cabinets in the kitchen and white couch in the living room. I am thinking of using Dash and Alberts indoor outdoor scurable and washable, high traffic rope rug in white!  So white its hard to see in this blog! lol 


and finally I may just chicken out..and do all natural rugs and curtains so I can change the accent color when ever I like...if I do that I love this medallion rug  from Martha Stewart for Safaveh (another pricey item)with peony madellions (our wedding flower).. it used to come in a beige and yellow but I cant seem to find it anywhere anymore! But I still love this rug.. its neutral but so beautiful , elegant and timeless. It would probably be the worth the expense unlike the yellow rugs because I am sure I could find a place to use it for years and years to come! 




here are my two favorite contenders... what do you think?  


2 comments:

Zumi said...

This is a worth reading article.

Cheers!
best budget hotel in bangkok
best hotel in sukhumvit
cheap hotel in bangkok
budget lodge in bangkok
lodge near airport

Area Decor said...

It is useful and get the full of information here student making a best websites and that full of information here.
kids rugs