Follow me on

Monday, February 18, 2013

Longing for Spring and Peonies!!!!

I hate the cold and the winters are so long and dreary in Connecticut! I long for the days of spring, and flowers and warm sunny weather, but most of all I wait all year for my peonies to arrive! They bloom the first week of June which coincidentally is our Anniversary June 7th to be exact. And to make that even more special they were our wedding flower. I carried a bouquet of white peonies down the isle. Simple and beautiful!  Some years our garden peonies bloom exactly on our anniversary! Sadly we are usally away on vacation that week and miss them, and they typically only last two weeks or so.  The above picture is of beautiful faux peonies. I consider investing in a faux pair to have the beauty of peonies year round. I may one day invest in some. But there is somethings so special about the limited time I have two -to-three weeks tops of beautiful , elegant , real life peonies! In my opinion nothing else tops their simple beauty! They are perfection! Below is a picture of my father walking me walking down the isle ! It is hard to believe it will be five years in June! I can't wait for warm weather, walking our two year old son in the carriage and of course the blooming of beautiful peonies! June  please hurry up!!!! Until then I could always buy the beautiful faux bouquet above from Horchow!  You can too...see link below! 


  

No comments: