Follow me on

Sunday, February 24, 2013

I have the sudden desire to make a navy blue big boy room for my two year old Jack!







 My son is turning two in less than a week and I have the sudden and extreme desire to make him a big boy room! I adore his nursery, and it is filled with so many wonderful memories! I become so emotional when I think of the day that I will have to take it down...and often hope that our next child will also be boy so I can keep it and its memories living a little longer! However, out of the blue (navy blue to be exact) I have the strong desire to create a big boy room for Jack! Maybe its because he is turning two and somehow as parents we become "ready" for things when they do! I was talking to a dear friend of mine who's third boy is getting ready for college. I said:" I get so sad when I think of the day that Jack will go away to college...I will never be ready for that". Her response was one I will never forget! She said " Somehow naturally you become ready when they are ready"! She explained that her son's make messes and don't clean up, argue about curfew, and are unhappy living at home. She stated: "Living though the 'real life' drama of teenagers - Makes You Ready! Her message was that as they become ready to go, you (while wanting to pull your hair out) simultaneously become ready to let them spread their wings and fly! I guess this advice holds true to my nursery! I cherish it so much...but I am not sure it represents the "little boy" that Jack has become and that I am SO VERY PROUD OF!  It represents the baby that I loved and cherished but not my "big guy"! Above is a picure of my beloved baby boy and baby blue nursery and a few pictures of inspiration of the navy blue big boy room I am craving for him! All -Big Boy Room- pictures and items from  RHbabyandchild.com and potterybarnkids.com







































No comments: