Follow me on

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Moving week!

Two weeks ago my husband was offered a job out of state by his company! It was a great opportunity for our family but I was heartbroken to leave my parents and siblings (my children's grandparents aunts and uncles). I think I went through all the stages of grief ....Denial, shock, bargening , anger and depression! As I reminded myself that no one died I also had to let myself be a little sad, it was still a huge loss for me. Besides the family and friends we were leaving behind I also was sad to leave our house! My husband said it was just nails and wood but it was so much more to me! I loved  our little house and leaving it was very emotional for me! It was the house my husband and I bought when we first got engaged and it was the house I brought my babies home from the hospital when they were born! The nurseries where I rocked my babies to sleep endless nights held such an emotional attachment for me! We left last Saturday at 5 in the morning and I took this final picture of our kitchen before the sun was even up. 
After driving ten hours in the car with two children through rain storms and a tornado alert we made it safely to our new home! Did I mention we never saw the house or town in person? Everything happened so suddenly that we found a house online and signed on the dotted line without seeing it first! Crazy I know!!! Luckily it is just as beautiful in person as it was in the pictures and the neighborhood is picture perfect! That was a huge blessing! 

Luckily my mom came with us for ten days to help us with the kids, help us move and unpack. She is superwomen! She is the most hardworking and unselfish person I know! She didn't stop working night and day for ten days straight! We are completely unpacked and I am more organized then I ever have been before thanks to her help! 




She left this morning and I can't help but feel emotional!  My mom is my best friend and before the move we would see each other almost daily! It will certainly be an adjustment living so far from her and the rest of my family! I have never lived more than 10 miles from my family. I even commuted to college! Haha 

On a more cheerful note , decorating the new house has been fun! I started to design one of the guestbedrooms (more pictures to come soon)! 
and we are waiting for the kitchen and family room furniture to arrive! For now the kids have one giant play room and seem to be enjoying not having any furniture! More design posts to come soon! Yay! 

I also finally have a proper place for my milk glass that my father had collected for me piece by piece! 

And we have only had a few moving casualties! I was sad to see one of our dining room chairs had sadly ripped a hole in the back ... But at the end of the day it is just a chair ! What matters most is that we are all are safe and sound especially during our 10 hour ride through a tornado alert! Talk about stressful!!! 

It has been an exciting, adventurous , emotional and exhausting week to say the least! But we are settling in well and im so happy that my kids are adjusting well and seem to be content in their new home! I apologize for the lack of posts these last few weeks ! In sorry to anyone left a comment or email that I have not responded to yet! I will get back on track soon! 
Today I will try not to miss family and  I am counting my blessings and relaxing with my kids on this beautiful fall Saturday! My son in watching toy story for the millionth time while wearing his buzz lightyear halloween costume ( that he refuses to take off)!
We plan on baking cookies and going on a walk and just enjoying each other's company! 


Just an easy and relaxing day! Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend too! 
Xo, Kelly 

1 comment:

angelenaalessandro said...

Moreover, if your greeting card is stolen, you will just be responsible for a part of the charges made to the credit score card. Get more interesting details about christmas gifts check it out.