Follow me on

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Who could not fall in love with Isabelle Abramson's work!



One day I stumbled across these beautiful hand crafted ceramic and silver pieces by Isabelle Abramson.  She has a studio outside of Boston and her work is so incredibly beautiful! I was sad when I saw the price tags (though I can understand why they are so expensive) . I thought even if I could afford them now (which I can not and realistically never will).....but even if I could....I would still have to wait until all of my children were grown before I would have one of her bowls or vases around the house!  You can drool at her work with me here. Until the day I win the lottery and my kids our out of the house.. I will have to settle for alternatives. Here are some alternatives from Ikea.  THe Ikea look alike vases range from  $1.99- $5.99, quite a difference from  Isabella's work which range from $425.00- $5,600 








Here are a few other look a likes from Ikea. 




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a sad day when true artisans get compared to knockoff Chinese and maybe in this case Swedish trash. You should be ashamed of yourself for even mentioning this artists name along some big box. IKEA can produce thousands of these for pennies, an artist has to pay her rent, healthcare, materials, gas, etc. while it was generous of you to identify the artist, comparing her work to imported nonsense shows your true depth. Well done! Have a great holiday.